Around the Alster lake
Those who are lucky enough to live around the Alster lake have the best addresses in Hamburg. This tour shows you around through the neighbourhoods of the rich through Rotherbaum, Harvestehude, Uhlenhorst and Winterhude, and features the following:
- The “Dammtor” train station
- The university of 1919 and the university campus in the “Rotherbaum” quarter
- The tennis stadium at the "Rothenbaum"
- The "Grindel" quarter: the former Jewish quarter
- the high-rise buildings in the "Grindel" quarter
- steamships, rowing and sailing boats on the Alster lake
- The Alster bridges and the “Düker” beneath them
- The promenade street "Jungfernstieg"
The tour at the Alster lake usually starts at the “Dammtor” train station.
The meeting point will be between the both main exits.
The best way to discover the Alster lake is by bicycle or with a bus.
The tour will last at least two hours, with a maximum length of four hours.
There will be a half hour break after the first two hours.
Appointment and fee by arrangement (dependent on the number of people and duration of the tour).Appointment and fee by arrangement.